Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Whitsunday and the 74 islands


After over 14 hours on the coach we finally got to Whitsundays which turned out to be a delightful little town.

So after packing up our stuff and dilly dallying about for a bit we finally set sail. The boat was called the boomerang and could hold 28 other people which was not that bad. We could sleep on top deck or below and all the meals were included which was wicked, as you know how much I love me food. Smile

The next day we went to white haven beach which was wicked, my camera almost got lost when the tide came in and we was out in sea it was literally a dash to save mine and Kim stuff as all we heard was who’s bag is that floating in the water..


Later that day we went off should I say attempted too (remembering that I have not gone in water that I can’t stand in ever unless in a swimming pool) snorkel. Anyway everyone was going and this was one of the main reason I wanted to come there was to see the Great Barrier Reef, so they dropped us out into the all of us into the water and the hell began all I can say is that I must have panic as I bobbed and kick for my life to stay above the water.
So fly half way round the world the world, go as fast as possible from the UK and all I wanted to see was the Great Barrier Reef, and I don’t last more than five minutes (he laterally drop me off and went off to get more people and I just panic for that little bit to time which seemed like forever) the thing that make worst is that I have done it before. But there was a second snorkel later that day which I wanted to try again which we was told was in a much better location. However the chance two came along and Kimberly was very persistent that she wanted me to go in as she knew we had dive coming up in our next location in cairn and had noted how quick that I had came out last time, despite this I still chicken out on the second snorkel, and just my luck as he took us out to pick up the guys it was clear that it was not as deep and near the shore and looked much better.


Anyway as I sit here writing this blog on the sailing boat with the sunset in the back ground I realize that I have not told you anything about the lady that I am traveling with called Kim (aka Kimberly Ann Bruce) so here the low down.
I met here on the orientation trip in the first week she was the blond hair blue eye petite little girl that didn’t sit over 5ft 2 she was from the states and went to a different campus which was situated a couple of hour away from mind (in fact in a different city). When we first met I remember her saying that she had no plans but wanted to travel round OZ, which at the time I took no notice of because believe it or not even through that I ad decided to come and study here for a year I had no plans to travel around in the country (just to get eaten or killed by some crazy animal). So she told me how she was traveling by herself and but was traveling to go round oz and after hanging out a couple of times in I mention that I would not mind going travelling with her as I had not plans anyway and could Asia after. I know what you lot are thinking but know it was not like that I was told at home by everyone not to go traveling but myself so here I was listening to what I had be told beside anyone that small should not be traveling by herself (just being the gentleman that I am. So here we are today. I some time refer to her as Kim I don’t know because she often, no that would be an understatement all the time I ask her a question and anything she says that she even says it at the end of sentences

So anyway that evening we chilled as the boat sailed into the sunset (cheesy I know). O and there was one thing that I forgot to mention was that every time we went sailing we had to raise the sales about 110 ft into the air. Now people who know me will know how i am and i was like yea bring it on i am ready for this it can’t be that had, but how wrong i was the eight of us struggle to raise the sail it was so hard you would not believe I want to give up after not even reaching half way.

So last day on the boat we went for a hike which was wicked but was not the main event of the day. So on the way back from the hike everyone started jumping off the boat into the sea (not for me of course after what happen the day before) anyway Kim (I don’t know) decided that she wanted to a back flip for the first time ever, so she it and from the start it looks really good as seen in my pictures but that about the only part because she ends up doing a belly flop (and remember the whole boat is watching) ...so as she coming out she does not check her top and ends up flashing the whole boat. (Kim say And then actually did a good one to make up for her epic fail) it was ok nothing special lol. We docked that morning and chilled for the rest of the day , a wicked place but make sure you can swim before you go in the water

Love ya
London

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Dan! I just have the funniest image in my head of u trying to raise that sail haha

    ReplyDelete