Wednesday, December 9, 2009

There still hope for the black swimmer, Cains

Today Kim and I set off for the Great Barrier Reef on a boat called Freedom Ocean, of which the question was not how good was the day going to be but would I dive????
We arrived in cains the night before and checker in into our hostel and had managed to get a room full of Londoners which Kim was not so happy about, but still was very excited about the days ahead. The next day we set off for the boat and a word was not said about whether I was going to do the dive, but the tension was there as this was the big question.

After getting on he boat and meeting the team they were some really cool guys, which put me at ease, I realize that this was one think that I was actually scared of doing this. (as I didn’t want to die yet anyway)

So I filled out the paper work went through the briefing, knowing that I wanted to do it, not being sure whether it feasible but could I rustle up the courage to do it if given the chance.

After filling out the paper work I later found out that I had paid $105 for this dive which then made the decision of whether I was going to go into the water a whole lot easer (you must be crazy if you think I’m not getting into the water after paying $105). So suited up and jumped in despite my first bit of panic it was not that bad… (Sign of relief)

We got to the bottom of the reef and the views were amazing, and after going for a while I realize that I was making a big deal out of nothing, beside there were people that were far worst than I was…after that first dive we decided to go for another in a different location which once again was wicked. So there it was Daniel London Charles swimming the Great Barrier Reef, all that per-lava last time for nothing, but let not get confused I am still not a fan of the sea…

In the jungle the mighty jungle

So the next day we set off to cape tribulation one of the 9 wonders of the world consisting of more rainforest than the whole of south American and being the only place in the would were two wonders of the world meet. Anyway after getting there it was clear that it was going to be a chilled couple of days as there was not much to do, in fact it was so quite that every person had there own room which most of the time meet a room built to hold 5 had only two in it. Later that day we went jungle surfing, which was the highlight o the trip as we soared through the canapés of the rainforest.

That was really it for cape tribulation, the next day we came back to cains and watched 2012. one other thing happen that as we look back now we laugh but at the time not so much. So to keep a long story short Kim was having what I believe you girls call an ugly day and was going on how she felt under dress anyway but she hopes she has a better day tomorrow, anyway I go ahead with my big mouth say “it not that easy miracles don’t happen over night” don’t ask me what I was thinking (and didn’t realize how bad it was till after dam) so there it goes again me with my big mouth getting my self into trouble :-)

london

No comments:

Post a Comment